More advanced promotion price calculations such as "Buy 2 get the 3rd one free"...
Actually we can achieve it ("Buy 2 get the 3rd one free") the following way:
- Let's say we have Product1, Product2, Product3.
- Create a new discount. Ensure that 'Discount type' type is set to 'Assigned to products'. Check 'Use percentage' and set 'Discount percentage' to '100%'. Then go 'requirements' tab and create 'Customer has all of these products in the cart' requirement
with IDs of Product1 and Product2.
- Apply this discount to Product3 (on the product details page, discounts tab)
Issue 1: you have to manually add Product3 to the cart. So we need to find a way to notify a customer about this free product
Issue 2: it's applied to any quantities of Product 3. But we should control it (how many products are free)
This is not a very generic solution. Currently it does not work in many real cases such as:
- Buy 1 (or 2 or 3 or 4 ...) of Product 1 and get 1 (or 2 or 3...) of Product 1 free (or with some discount).
- Buy 2 (or 2 or 3 or 4 ...) of Product 1 and get 1 (or 2 or 3...) of Product 2 free (or with some discount).
- Buy 1 (or 2 or 3 or 4 ...) of any Product 1 or Product 2and get cheapest one free (or with some discount).
We also should show a message on the product page i.e. "Buy one more and get a free gift" or "Buy product Y for a discount" etc
[AM] It's already can be done using 'Customer has all of these products in the cart' and 'Customer has one of these products in the cart' discount requirement rules. But the only issue now is that the discount will be applied to any quantity of a discounted
Also allow customer to choose free gift on checkout. For example, a person who spends so much gets to choose a free gift on checkout.
also see work item 10103